Online MSW Program Admissions Requirements
Take the next step in preparing for licensure
To be eligible for admission to the online MSW program, you'll need the following:
|Prior degree||Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university. A CSWE accredited BSW within the last 6 years is required for those applying to the Advanced Standing option|
|Minimum undergraduate GPA||3.0; for Advanced Standing applicants, you must also show a 3.3 min. GPA in your major courses.|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||95 or higher*|
Please note that there are no mandatory on-campus dates; however, an internship or other relevant field experience in your own area is required. Once you complete your file, you should receive a response within two weeks.
*For international students only
Hybrid Dual MSW/MEd Admission Requirements
If you're looking to apply for the hybrid Master of Social Work/Master of Education, Human Sexuality dual degree, you'll need a bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
In addition to the below checklist, you will also be required to have a phone interview with the director of the program.
To complete the application process, you'll need to prepare the following items:
- Completed application form
- Statement of purpose: a 4-6 page paper including your personal background, career objectives and personal evaluation
- Two letters of recommendation; for Advanced Standing applicants, one must be from a BSW field instructor or field director
- Official college transcripts from each school you've attended
If you have any questions about the application process, a Program Manager is available at 1-844-386-7321.
- 1.What are my funding options?
- 2.Are there scholarships for this program?
- 3.How do I apply for a student loan?
- 4.What tuition benefits are offered to active military and veterans?
- 5.Are you a Yellow Ribbon school?